Tips and tricks for making parenting FUN again!

Tips and tricks for making parenting FUN again!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dabba Dabbas

It's that lovely time of year when little noses get the sniffles and the sneezes and the runnies! Eww! If your little ones are anything like mine, then they HATE to have the nose wiped. However, I have developed a strategy to significantly reduce the amount of running and screaming and crying when I pull out the tissue. I say to the little one, "Time for dabba-dabbas!" I then take the tissue and gently dab it against their nose, not wipe it (though I may sneak in a couple wipes at the end) and say each time I dab, "Dabba-dabba! Dabba-dabba!" My babies have always thought this is very silly and they don't mind it one bit. My baby girl will actually come running to me with a big grin on her face and stick her nose out when I tell her it's time for "dabba-dabbas." Who knew a snotty nose could be so much fun? ;-)

1 comment: